SEO ~ Be found!
Search Engine Optimization
SEO is short for search engine optimization or search engine optimizer.
Search engine optimization is a methodology of strategies, techniques and tactics used to increase the amount of visitors to your website by obtaining a high-ranking placement in the search results page of a search engine.
There are a number of strategies - embedding analytics code, naming pages within your website with key words, listing your website with free directories online, creating inbound links, optimzing keywords,
1. Make the website about one thing. It can be about other stuff, too, but choose one primary topic that is most essential to your message.
2. Mention your keywords where they matter most.
3. Include your one thingÂ in the site title, domain name, description, tagline, keywords, blog categories, page titles, and page content.
3. Link to internal pages on your site.
4. Name your pages like this http://yoursite.com/coolpage/ not like
5. Remove anything that slows down your website. Page load times are important, so get rid of any non-essentials that bog down your website.
6. Use keywords in your images. Include words that reflect your site topic in the image title, description, and alt attributes.
7. Link to other websites with relevant content.
8. Update your website frequently. Sites with dynamic content often rank higher than those with static content. That's why blogs and directories (like Wikipedia) do so well on search engines. They are constantly being updated with new content.
9. Make sure your website is indexed in search engines.
10. Have other websites link to you. This is really, really important, when it comes to SEO.